AMERICAN IDOL '08

Idol Makes a High School Musical Connection

February 15, 2008

Two of this year’s Top 24 American Idol finalists have ties to High School Musical: HSM star KayCee Stroh, a.k.a. “the pop and lock girl,” tells PEOPLE that she and contestant David Archuleta performed together at a Park City, Utah, benefit years ago.

“I think I was about 18 and he was about 12,” Stroh, 23, told PEOPLE at the American Idol Top 24 party on Thursday night in Hollywood. “Both of us are from Salt Lake City, and there was a benefit concert and the [organizer] needed young kids to be the backup singers for a gospel piece. I remember we were rehearsing one day and he had a solo part. I expected him to have this cute little boy voice.”

Instead, Stroh says, “I was blown away! He packs such a powerful punch when he sings. I remember thinking instantly, ‘Boy, this one is going to be a star someday.’”

Stroh also models for Torrid, a hip plus-size clothing line, as did finalist Joanne Borgella, who had to suspend her Torrid association after signing up for Idol.

Google

The Pictures I have posted are Webfinds, thus all the Credits go to Photographers, Publishers, Webmasters etc. A very special thanks to people.com & thehollywoodgossip.com for their support


Thanks!«»

«» If You see anything on this Blog for which you hold the Copyright, please inform me at iamthebest03@yahoo.com and I will immediately remove it!«»