Janet Jackson: 'I Might Be Allergic to Marriage'


Originally posted Wednesday February 13, 2008 07:50 AM EST

Friends and family are urging Janet Jackson to get hitched and have kids. But don't expect the pop star – who has been dating record producer Jermaine Dupri since 2002 – to settle down any time soon.

"So many people were putting pressure on [Jermaine], then they started pressuring me," the singer told The Insider. "Everybody would ask us about it – even friends."

But Jackson, who has been married twice before – to James DeBarge (from 1984 to 1985) and to Rene Elizondo (from 1986 to 1999) – isn't in any hurry.

"If it's [meant] to happen, it'll happen," she says. "I like where we are, and I'm happy where I am. I've done it twice before. I'm afraid I might be a jinx. I might be allergic to marriage."

As for children, she admits: "We both would love to have kids. Someday I know it's going to happen. Exactly when, I don't know."

Biological Clock Can Tick

Even at 41, Jackson is not obsessing about her biological clock.

"I get so much pressure .. even my mother mentioned something to me the other day," she told Britain's The Observer on Sunday. "But now you can have your eggs frozen and there are all sorts of things you can do. I've still got time so I think I'm okay."

The singer – whose new Discipline is out on Feb. 26 – added, "I've got to get a little more kid out of me first before I move on and be childish with my child."

Google

The Pictures I have posted are Webfinds, thus all the Credits go to Photographers, Publishers, Webmasters etc. A very special thanks to people.com & thehollywoodgossip.com for their support


Thanks!«»

«» If You see anything on this Blog for which you hold the Copyright, please inform me at iamthebest03@yahoo.com and I will immediately remove it!«»