Amy Winehouse: 'I'm So Proud and Happy'

Feb. 11, 2008 | 07:50 AM EST

Amy Winehouse couldn't make it to Sunday's Grammy Awards in Los Angeles – but that didn't stop her from stealing the show.

The troubled 24-year-old singer won five awards – including record of the year, song of the year and best new artist – and rocked the crowd with a live-via-satellite rendition of "You Know I'm No Good" and "Rehab."

After her emotional acceptance speech, the Back to Black singer addressed the crowd gathered in London at the Riverside Studios.

"I can't believe I've won five awards," she told the intimate crowd, including her mother Janis, father Mitch and older brother Alex. "It's a shame I couldn't be there to accept the awards but I'm so proud and happy that I had the opportunity to perform for the Grammys in my hometown of London with my family and friends around me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Although the singer received last-minute visa approval to enter the United States, she could not make the trip to Los Angeles in time.

Instead, Winehouse – who checked into a north London rehab facility last month, after she was taped allegedly smoking crack – made Sunday night a family affair.

The Winehouse clan and several of Amy's friends enjoyed a late dinner at London's Riverbank Park Plaza hotel, before heading off to the performance at around 2:30 a.m.

Although the concert location was supposed to be kept secret – and admittance was strictly limited to friends and family – crowds gathered outside the venue chanting "Amy! Amy! Amy!"

Cuba Gooding, Jr. (who was in town for the BAFTA awards) was on hand to introduce her performance which, thanks to the time difference, kicked off at 3:41 a.m. London time.

Winehouse is continuing with rehab and, according to a statement from her U.S. rep, is "following her treatment plan rigorously and making wonderful progress."

Google

The Pictures I have posted are Webfinds, thus all the Credits go to Photographers, Publishers, Webmasters etc. A very special thanks to people.com & thehollywoodgossip.com for their support


Thanks!«»

«» If You see anything on this Blog for which you hold the Copyright, please inform me at iamthebest03@yahoo.com and I will immediately remove it!«»