Pregnant Giada De Laurentiis Discovers New Cravings


Originally posted Monday February 25, 2008 05:25 PM EST

Celebrity chef Giada De Laurentiis has a new menu to plan: her own.

The mother-to-be, who is due to deliver a baby girl on April 3, has felt new cravings since becoming pregnant. "I always want steak – lots of steak," she told PEOPLE at DeVito's South Beach restaurant in Miami on Saturday night during the South Beach Wine and Food Festival.

"I used to crave sweets before I got pregnant. You know, chocolate, cookies, cake. I've normally got a really big sweet tooth, but not now this baby just wants meat," she said.

With her feet propped up on the lap of husband Todd Thompson, De Laurentiis, 37, also chatted with restaurant owner Danny DeVito and sister celebrity chef Rachael Ray.

"You know, I think this is the time to indulge myself," De Laurentiis said. "It's such a wonderful time, so I'm eating what I want."

Although she has stopped exercising until the baby is born, De Laurentiis says she is determined not to gain too much weight. "I eat a lot of little meals, which is what you're supposed to do when you're pregnant," she says. "It's healthier, anyway."

She also says that her changing body is a small price to pay for the new baby. "I couldn't be more excited about being pregnant," she says. "She can't get here soon enough. I can't wait to meet her."

Google

The Pictures I have posted are Webfinds, thus all the Credits go to Photographers, Publishers, Webmasters etc. A very special thanks to people.com & thehollywoodgossip.com for their support


Thanks!«»

«» If You see anything on this Blog for which you hold the Copyright, please inform me at iamthebest03@yahoo.com and I will immediately remove it!«»