Ashlee Simpson: I Wasn't Drunk on the Radio


Originally posted Thursday March 06, 2008 05:00 PM EST

Ashlee Simpson denies she showed up drunk for a recent radio appearance, saying she was drained by her busy schedule and thrown off by the circumstances of the interview.

In a posting on her MySpace Celebrity blog titled "Response to False Rumors," the singer writes: "It was very upsetting to hear that people are saying that I was intoxicated when I came in for my morning interview. I take my work very seriously and would never disrespect anyone and come into an interview that way." (In the blog post, Simpson also reveals more details about her new tattoo.)

During Simpson's appearance Tuesday on Washington D.C.'s Hot 99.5 Kane in the Morning show, the pop star, 23, sounded like she was slurring her words – and could not recall the lyrics to her new song "Little Miss Obsessive."

But Simpson blames the fact that she's had "a crazy hectic schedule" and felt uncomfortable with the station's atmosphere and hosts.

"When I walked into the radio station I was thrown into the interview. They didn't even introduce themselves to me before starting it, and just put me on the air," writes Simpson. "I felt bad energy and like I was about to be attacked as soon as I sat down."

Avoided Personal Questions

Explaining why she was heard laughing through much of the interview, Simpson says she was trying to avoid a range of questions about her personal life.

"I giggle when people ask me uncomfortable questions not knowing what to say or what else to do. Questions & false rumors about my dad being a jerk, being pregnant, being engaged, etc are not fun to answer every single day. Eventually I try to just laugh them off and hope they start asking me important questions about my album and music which is why I am there," she writes.

Adds Simpson: "Throughout my career, I have learned that you must speak up for yourself when people try to put you down. That is why I am writing this today. I'm tired of people making things up about others. Again, this is for my fans. You are what is important to me."

She signs off with, "All my love, Ashlee xx."

Google

The Pictures I have posted are Webfinds, thus all the Credits go to Photographers, Publishers, Webmasters etc. A very special thanks to people.com & thehollywoodgossip.com for their support


Thanks!«»

«» If You see anything on this Blog for which you hold the Copyright, please inform me at iamthebest03@yahoo.com and I will immediately remove it!«»