Ashanti: I'm Not Slamming Nelly in My Video


Originally posted Thursday April 17, 2008 07:45 PM EDT

Is sexy songstress Ashanti's new video for her song "Way That I Love You" a kiss-off to rumored boyfriend Nelly? After all, in the video, a knife-wielding Ashanti gets sweet revenge on a cheating ex.

Ashanti says, "It's not!" She explains, "I wrote that record last summer ... The song is just about real life. It's for every woman who has gone through it."

But that doesn't mean the songbird hasn't experienced the heartache of a good relationship gone bad due to infidelity. "Definitely," says Ashanti, who turns to Mary J. Blige's "Not Gonna Cry" to help her through breakups. "It's a rude awakening when you get used to being happy, but it's a part of life. I didn't kill the person!"

Some of the song's lyrics do ring true, though. "Of course I've snooped! Before [sidekicks] came out, I was snooping through regular cell phones, Skytel, everything! Whatever he had out, I was all in it!"

And as for the current status of her relationship with Nelly? "We're really, really good friends."

Google

The Pictures I have posted are Webfinds, thus all the Credits go to Photographers, Publishers, Webmasters etc. A very special thanks to people.com & thehollywoodgossip.com for their support


Thanks!«»

«» If You see anything on this Blog for which you hold the Copyright, please inform me at iamthebest03@yahoo.com and I will immediately remove it!«»