Cameron Diaz: My Late Father Was 'Loved by Many'


Originally posted Wednesday April 16, 2008 05:00 PM EDT

Cameron Diaz has issued a statement remembering her late father, Emilio Diaz, who died suddenly of pneumonia on Tuesday.

The Shrek and Charlie's Angels star, 35, also thanks those who have extended their condolences.

"My mom, sister and I are deeply appreciative of the overwhelming outpouring of love and support during this difficult time for us and all of our family," says the message from the actress, released by her representative, Brad Cafarelli.

"My dad was loved by so many people, and his humor and spirit will always live on in our hearts," she added.

Diaz's sister, Chimene, is 37. Their mother, the former Billie Early, is an import-export businesswoman.

Emilio Diaz, who was 58, reportedly worked for UNOCAL (formerly the Union Oil Company) as a field gauger in the pipeline department for more than 20 years, until his retirement in 1998.

On Tuesday, filming of Diaz's current film, My Sister's Keeper, was halted.

Google

The Pictures I have posted are Webfinds, thus all the Credits go to Photographers, Publishers, Webmasters etc. A very special thanks to people.com & thehollywoodgossip.com for their support


Thanks!«»

«» If You see anything on this Blog for which you hold the Copyright, please inform me at iamthebest03@yahoo.com and I will immediately remove it!«»