Fiancée Stands By Carmelo Anthony After DUI Bust


Originally posted Tuesday April 15, 2008 08:00 PM EDT

Basketball star Carmelo Anthony and his fiancée LaLa Vazquez are speaking out to a source about his DUI arrest – denying Internet reports she was unsupportive and wouldn't pick him up from the police station.

"I want to make sure the public understands that I fully support my fiancé, Carmelo Anthony, and stand by him through this ordeal," Vazquez, a former MTV veejay, says in a statement to a source on Tuesday. "I will always have his back and never refused to pick him up from the police station. In fact, they offered to bring him to me."

Anthony was arrested early Monday morning near downtown Denver, hours after leading his Denver Nuggets to victory over the Houston Rockets.

The NBA star reiterated his love for Vazquez in his own statement to a source : "LaLa continues to be a rock in my life, she's always been there for me through thick and thin."

The couple have a child together, 1-year-old son Kiyan. Vazquez will soon costar in the movie Let the Church Say Amen and will host and executive produce VH1's upcoming reality show The Sixth Man.

Google

The Pictures I have posted are Webfinds, thus all the Credits go to Photographers, Publishers, Webmasters etc. A very special thanks to people.com & thehollywoodgossip.com for their support


Thanks!«»

«» If You see anything on this Blog for which you hold the Copyright, please inform me at iamthebest03@yahoo.com and I will immediately remove it!«»