Jessica Simpson 'Couldn't Be Happier' for Ashlee and Pete


Originally posted Thursday April 10, 2008 10:40 PM EDT

The day after Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz announced their engagement, their loved ones say they couldn't be happier about the news.

"My sister is overflowing with joy," says Ashlee's older sibling, Jessica Simpson. "Pete is an incredible soul. They naturally bring out the best in each other. I couldn't be happier."

And their dad, Joe, weighed in from Augusta, Ga., where he is in town watching the Masters golf tournament with Jessica's beau, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. He confirms that Wentz, the bassist for Fall Out Boy, asked his permission to propose to Ashlee.

"[Pete] did ask me," says Joe. "I told him that I would be honored to have him as part of my family."

Yesterday the newly engaged couple posted a statement on friendsorenemies.com saying, "We are thrilled to share that we are happily engaged. Thank you for all of your support and well wishes – it means the world to us. We consider this to be a very private matter, and we wanted to be the first to tell you and to hear it straight from us."

Google

The Pictures I have posted are Webfinds, thus all the Credits go to Photographers, Publishers, Webmasters etc. A very special thanks to people.com & thehollywoodgossip.com for their support


Thanks!«»

«» If You see anything on this Blog for which you hold the Copyright, please inform me at iamthebest03@yahoo.com and I will immediately remove it!«»