Survivor Winner Yul Kwon Gets Engaged


April 16, 2008

Yul Kwon won $1 million by outlasting, outwitting and outplaying fellow castaways on Survivor: Cook Islands. Then he nabbed the title of one of PEOPLE’s Sexiest Men Alive in 2006. Now the 33-year-old Stanford grad is celebrating another victory: popping the question to girlfriend Sophie Tan on stage at a concert — and getting a yes.

“It feels wonderful!” an elated Kwon tells People.com. “I’ve always thought that the single most important decision in your life is who you decide to spend it with.”

Kwon proposed to Tan, 29, a product manager at a mortgage bank, April 12 at a benefit concert at his alma mater in Palo Alto, Calif. The band, Seriously, played the couple’s special song before Kwon took the stage and presented her with a platinum, 2.2-karat, cushion-cut diamond ring.

“It seems my strategy of proposing in a public forum, maximizing social pressure, and shocking her into silence … seems to have worked,” says Kwon. “Now I just need to plan the wedding before she comes to her senses.”

Kwon, a management consultant, met Tan in December 2006, just before his skills as a master strategist led him to victory in the 13th season of the CBS reality show, which initially divided castaways by race.

When Kwon realized he was smitten with Tan, “I gave her the hidden immunity idol as a token of my love,” he says, referring to a sought-after prize from the show. “And I knew she loved me back when she didn’t laugh in my face.”

Google

The Pictures I have posted are Webfinds, thus all the Credits go to Photographers, Publishers, Webmasters etc. A very special thanks to people.com & thehollywoodgossip.com for their support


Thanks!«»

«» If You see anything on this Blog for which you hold the Copyright, please inform me at iamthebest03@yahoo.com and I will immediately remove it!«»